Disability Snowsport UK’s dream is of mountains and ski slopes free from barriers, where disabled people can learn and take part alongside family, friends and peers.
Mission: To make snowsport accessible for everyone; regardless of disability, injury or experience.
We work to remove the barriers to taking part so that disabled children and adults, and their families can enjoy the freedom, independence and the physical and wellbeing benefits of skiing and snowboarding, and related activities.
We do this by:
· Providing expert adaptive teaching for individuals, families and groups across the UK
· Providing holidays and activities in the UK and worldwide
· Providing social and recreational skiing groups
· Working with governing bodies, training organisations and partners to widen access, increase awareness and share knowledgeStrategy 2021/22: As we navigate the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic and Brexit, we have created in interim strategy for 2021/22.
During 2022, we will develop a longer term strategy for the years ahead in consultation with our membership and snowsport community, the wider snowsport and disability sectors, trustees, volunteers, staff and other key stakeholders. You can read our key documents here:Interim Strategy 2021 - 22Theory of Change
- What do we want to achieve, why and how?Strategy 2019 - 2021