Disability Snowsport UK’s dream is of mountains and ski slopes free from barriers, where disabled people can learn and take part alongside family, friends and community.
Mission: To make snowsport accessible for everyone; regardless of disability, injury or experience.
We work to remove the barriers to taking part so that disabled children and adults, and their families be more active, make friends and have fun by taking part in snowsport.
We also work towards ensuring that the snowsport sector includes more disabled people.We do this because:
Evidence shows disabled people don’t have enough opportunities to take part in activities that enable them to be healthy, active and connected.
The snowsport sector isn’t as inclusive as it could or should be.
We do this by:
· Providing expert adaptive teaching for individuals, families and groups across the UK
· Providing holidays and activities in the UK and worldwide
· Providing social and recreational skiing groups
· Working with governing bodies, training organisations and partners to widen access, increase awareness and share knowledgeYou can read our full strategy and key documents here:Strategy 2022 - 25Theory of Change
- What do we want to achieve, why and how?DSUK Summary