DSUK want to make a million friends. If each of those friends donated just £1 we would make £1,000,000. Imagine the impact that could have on our work.
Statistics show us that 170,000 non-disabled people ski once a month but less than 1,000 disabled people take part. If disabled people could ski at the same rate as their non-disabled peers there would be 25,000 disabled skiers on the slopes each month.
Furthermore, a million non-disabled people ski overseas each year. If disabled people were keeping up with their non-disabled peers, their number would be about 150,000. In reality it is just a few thousand.
With our friends’ help we could provide so much more access to disabled snowsports:
- We could train more adaptive ski instructors
- We could train more volunteer helpers
- We could increase the number of our overseas trips
- We could expand our adaptive ski schools around the UK
- We could provide a strong pathway for future paralympians, provide more support to the British Disabled Ski Team to win medals at Sochi and beyond, the list goes on!
We need your help! Please become one of our friends and please help us help to spread the word.
We have set up a dedicated justgiving campaign page to people to easily donate online