What are Local Groups?
Local Groups offer the opportunitiy for skiers to meet and ski with other members at dry slopes and indoor snow centres throughout the country. Local Groups also offer social activities.
They are run by volunteers and seek to provide a safe environment for everyone taking part in the Local Groups' activities.
How can I join a Local Group?
To join a Local Group:
- - You need to be a DSUK member. This provides you with the third party insurance to do snowsports with us. The Slope Organiser of the Local Group will check that you are a member.
- If you are not an annual member and want to have a few trial sessions, you can pay a temporary membership fee of £2.50 the first three times you ski with us. This will provide you with our third party insurance to ski with us.
- To learn more about our membership scheme please go to our membership page.
- - For Local Groups in indoor snow centres, you need to be referred by the Lead Instructor of one of our Ski Schools. This is whether you are a beginner or an experienced skier. If you have never skied with us before, you will need to meet with an instructor who will assess if you can join the Local Group. To do this you need to book a lesson with us by phoning 0845 521 9338 or by email at email@example.com
- - For Local Groups in outdoor ski slopes, you need to contact the Local Group directly and seek further information.
How can I fundraise for DSUK with my Local Group?
In order to support Local Groups and enable them to continue running their skiing and social activities, DSUK needs as much support as possible with fundraising.
How can I volunteer for a Local Group?
You can support Local Groups in various ways on the slopes and off the slopes.
If you want to become a helper in a Local Group for activities on the slopes, contact the Slope Organiser of your nearest Local Group or our Membership Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also support your Local Groups off the slopes by helping organise social activities or fundraising events. Contact your nearest Local Group to ask what help they need most.
|Hillend Edinburgh||Kate Forrester||email email@example.com|
|Bearsden Glasgow||email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Braehead Glasgow||Willie MacLeod||email email@example.com|
|Bellahouston Glasgow||email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Aldershot (evenings & weekends only)||Jan Williams||01483 223395|
|Bracknell Snowhounds (for under 18 year olds only)||Steve Bamford||07801 393 email@example.com|
|Bromley Kent||Mike Martineau||01959 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|ChillFactore Manchester||Nick Lloyd||0161 794 email@example.com|
|Castleford Xscape||Judy Ekins||0781 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gloucester||Jennifer Armstrong||07754 411 061|
|Milton Keynes Xscape||Angus MacKay||
|Tamworth Snowdome||Steven West||07831 email@example.com|
|Tunbridge Wells/Folkestone||Spike Davidson||01304 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hemel Snow Centre||Peter Thorpe||07783 026 email@example.com|
When do the Local Groups meet?
Local Groups meet regularly each month.
For more information you can contact the Slope Organiser of your nearest Local Group directly.
Please be advised that the slope organisers, instructors and helpers are all volunteers who give up their personal time to run the Local Groups. Please be patient when contacting them as they may not be able to respond to you straight away.